Winter Recital 2022
We are more than excited for the 2023 Winter Recital at the James Armstrong Theater in Torrance. If this is your first time participating, please read through all of the information so that show day goes smoothly for you and your dancer.
For help getting your dancer’s hair ready, check out our bun tutorial here.
Show Day: May 17th at Wilson Park
2200 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA 90501
- Call time (the time your dancer should arrive) is one hour before show time. There are two shows so make sure you know which your dancer will be performing in. Please allow extra time to arrive at the school! Costume, hair and makeup often take longer than expected.
- Important: Dance shoes are only allowed on stage. Please do not allow your dancer to wear his or her dance shoes to, from or around the school. Shoes should be covered when not dancing. You can use large socks, boots, slippers…whatever works best, or simply take dance shoes off until the number is called.
- There will be a dance number line up given at the school. Please make sure you are present as we cannot hold the show for a missing dancer. Be sure to visit the restrooms well in advance.
- Finally, we invite you to slow down and enjoy the day with your family. A dancer’s participation in the show is much more than the time spent on stage. It is a whole experience, an opportunity to share something with loved ones, and a chance to celebrate a huge accomplishment. Please stay and enjoy the rest of the show…let your dancer experience other genres and levels of mastery.
Be sure to check the bulletin boards at the studio for current information. As always, you can talk to your teacher or the front desk if you have any questions.
We look forward to spending the day with you.
Some important details:
There will be two shows, 1:30 pm and 4:00pm
This is a ticketed event. Please invite family and friends!
• We ask that dancers attend all their classes leading up to the show so that they are consistently learning with their fellow dancers.
• Please practice at home. The Toddler and Combo choreography will be online at dance1redondo.com/choreography. For leveled classes, we invite adults in at the end of class to video. Please be present with a recording device. Our philosophy is to provide a well-rounded dance education and not just drill for a show, so time dedicated to choreography is limited to the last 5 minutes of class. Please have your dancer practice at home for confident dancers on show day.
• Costumes may be snug…that is to be expected. If you need any assistance please talk to your teacher or the front desk for help.
• If you would like to volunteer, please let us know. We especially need strong hands for set up and break down (an excellent way for dad to get involved!).
Combo Dress Rehearsal: May 15, 2020
- Time: – 4:00- 4:45 Combo 3, 4, and 5 Week day classes
- 4:45-5:30 All Toddler classes and Combo 3, 4, and 5 Weekend classes
Dress Rehearsal for the remainder of Dance 1 Studio: May 16, 2020
- Students will be given their time slot sometime between 12:30pm and 6pm and will be posted in the lobby on the days leading up to the Recital. Please continue to check this as it is subject to change.
- Please arrive in hair, makeup and costume. Ballet bun tutorials are on our website under “dress code.” Dancers should not be wearing earrings or nail polish. Please be punctual so that the rehearsal runs to schedule.
- Parents are not allowed past the waiting room as we are short on space…dancers will be well looked after by staff who will be on hand to assist, if necessary, with costume changes.
- We invite parents to drop their dancer off and go across the street to Snax for refreshments. There we will have live updates and let you know when your dancer is ready for pick up, usually around 45 minutes later.