About Redondo Ballet
Dance 1 is proud to be home to Redondo Ballet, formed in 2014 with a vision to create a home for the art of dance in the South Bay. Redondo Ballet participates in approximately 20 performances per year at community events, festivals and parades, as well as regional and national dance competitions. Redondo Ballet also has the unique experience of witnessing full-scale ballets grow from the ground up in two original productions. It is our hope that the Redondo Ballet Company is something that dancers will aspire to be a part of, and something that both Dance 1 and our community can be proud of. It is our goal that each dancer grows to his or her full potential, and that being a member of Redondo Ballet supports a love of dance and contributes to a sense of strength and pride.
Who is eligible? Experienced dancers, ballet level III or higher.
Time Commitment: runs from June to June
- Four ballet classes per week (level overrides)
- Rehearsals (Fridays). Rehearsals may be extended prior to “Through the Pages” and “Snow Queen,” with added weekend rehearsals. Time “off” will compensate for extra hours.
Commitment to perform at:
- A minimum of 17 performances. Participation in additional performances throughout the year is strongly encouraged.
- Dance 1 Showcases (May and Dec)
- Original productions of “Through the Pages” (fall) and “Snow Queen” (winter)
- Hometown Fair (Oct), LA Fair (Sept) and Springfest (April)
- Local competitions (optional)
- $300 (includes travel suit)
- Class fees at current session rates
- $157 company fee per 8-week session (no multi-class discount applies)
- Regular show fees
- Competition fees, if applicable
How to get involved: Open auditions are held annually in June. Check back in 2018 for details.
Hear from our debut company dancers.
If you have any questions, please contact Francesca or the front desk staff. We look forward to sharing this unique experience with you!