About Performing Company (Ages 10+)
Dance 1 is proud to be the home of several national award-winning performing companies. Our companies perform at community events, festivals and parades throughout the year, as well as regional and national dance competitions. They are a wonderful way for students to really excel in their dance discipline, bond with their fellow dancers, and have fun! It is our hope that each dancer grows to his or her full potential, and that being a member of a company promotes a love of dance and a sense of strength and pride. We recommend that those interested in joining a company commit to the class requirements for a time before committing to a company.
Performing Company members perform approximately 20 times per year, both locally and at larger venues (county fairs, holiday festivals, etc).
Who is eligible? Dancers ages 10 and up. Ballet, jazz and turns experience required.
(Note that Dance 1 also has a Mini Company for ages 6-9. This is by invitation…please notify the front desk or Francesca if you would like your dancer observed. Click for more information).
Time commitment: runs from June to June
- Ballet, jazz, lyrical and turns (number of classes will depend on level).
- Company rehearsal (Thursdays or Fridays)
Commitment to perform at:
- A minimum of 15 performances. Participation in additional performances throughout the year is strongly encouraged.
- Dance 1 Showcases (May and Dec)
- Hometown Fair (Oct), LA Fair (Sept) and Springfest (April)
- Local competitions (optional)
- $300 (includes travel suit)
- Class fees at current session rates
- $157 company fee per session (no multi-class discount applies).
- Regular show fees
- Competition fees, if applicable (if your dancer would like to be considered for solos, duets or trio pieces in competition, additional fees and rehearsals will apply).
How to get involved: Open auditions will be held on Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at 2:00 at Dance 1. Come with a bio and head shot, ready to dance.
If you have any questions, please contact the front desk staff. We look forward to sharing this unique experience with you!