I always knew I wanted to open a professional school, where all would be taught and guided toward their goal as professional dancers. I believe that all dancers should receive this high level of training, even if they are recreational dancers or dancers who have returned to dance as a way to stay in shape.
I promised myself that when I opened my studio it would always be a positive place of learning. Dancers learn and perform better when they are treated well and feel secure. We support each other and this support comes full circle making stronger dancers! We love and honor all dancers.
I am excited for your journey in dance and I am looking forward to the future with you.
-Francesca Stern, Owner, Artistic Director and Ballet Principal
Why Choose Dance 1?
At Dance 1, our focus is giving your dancer a powerful, classical ballet and classic jazz education, the strongest foundation on which your dancer can build their technique. We supplement the classical technique with a well-rounded syllabus of multiple genres to assure that your dancer is getting an elite training to direct them on the road to success.
We have a beautiful, open air-conditioned studio with lots of room to move on a floating wood floor. Dancing on our high-performance floor results in fewer injuries and a longer ability to dance.
Our state-of-the-art location offers:
- Five studios with floating Russian birch floors
- Student lounge
- Homework room
- Parent waiting area with closed circuit viewing of class rooms
- Dancewear boutique
The Dance 1 Difference
- All our dancers are trained as though they were pursuing a professional career. Even if this isn’t the path they ultimately take, they will have learned a beautiful art form – one they will carry with them throughout their lives.
- Our highly trained teachers will guide you and your dancer on their dance path. They are vested in our dancers’ accomplishments and will be available to help customize their training.
- Our classrooms are open for parents interested in learning along with their dancer. This is a silent presence in the classrooms, and we maintain a distraction-free classroom experience.
- Our studio is state of the art; all five studios have beautiful Russian birch floating floors for safety and performance.
- We offer all our dancers two showcases a year, in May and December.
- For those interested in more, dancers may audition for The Company where they will have the opportunity to perform over 20 times per year, in the community.
- We offer an award winning competition team, composed of The Company members from performing company.
- Serious and dedicated ballet dancers may audition to perform in two original ballet productions per year.
- We have convenient class times for homeschooled students, and are providers for Gorman, Sky Mountain, Golden Valley, iLead, Inspire Center, and Excel Academy charter schools.
- Our policies are friendly to your schedule and budget, offering multi-class discounts, an unlimited class package, and a generous make-up policy.
- We respect our dancers, and that is shown by our music, choreography, and costume choices. Most importantly, it is shown in the way we treat each other and our fellow dancers.
- We have a thriving adult population, including new dancers, returning dancers and life-long dancers.
- We offer classes year-round so dancers can continually improve.
- You can expect the best from us and we expect the best from our dancers.
- Francesca Stern, owner and Artistic Director, is always available to answer any questions you may have.