Sunday, May 21, 2023
2200 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance (map)
12:00 PM and 3:00 PM
Free Admission. No Tickets Required.
Which Show is My Dancer In?
There are two shows – 12PM and 3PM. Please review the Spring Recital Lineup below to identify your dancer’s class(es) and corresponding show.
We are more than excited for the 2023 Spring Recital at Wilson Park in Torrance. If this is your first time participating, please read through all of the information so that show day goes smoothly for you and your dancer. This is a not a ticketed event. Admission is free! Please bring picnic blankets and chairs!
Dress Rehearsal: See below for the exact day and time for your dancer’s class. Dancers will come to the studio in full costume, makeup and hair, as they will wear it on show day. Important: Please do not allow your dancer to wear his or her dance shoes to or from the studio. Shoes should be covered when not dancing. You can use large socks, boots, slippers… whatever works best, or simply take dance shoes off or put them on once you arrive and check in at the studio.
Dancer Instructions (Day Of Recital)
- Call time (the time your dancer should arrive) is one hour before show time. There are two shows so make sure you know which your dancer will be performing in. Please allow extra time to arrive at the park! Costume, hair and makeup often take longer than expected.
- Dancers may sit with families and friends in the audience until they perform. Once they’re finished, they may sit and enjoy the remainder of the show with you!
- Important: Please do not allow your dancer to wear his or her dance shoes to or from the park. Dance shoes should only be on while performing. If needed, you can use large socks, boots, slippers to wear over your dance shoes… whatever works best. You can use large socks, boots, slippers… whatever works best, or simply take dance shoes off or put them on once you arrive and check in at the park.
- Be sure to visit the restrooms one last time before your dancer enters the staging area.
- Finally, we invite you to slow down and enjoy the day with your family. A dancer’s participation in the show is much more than the time spent on stage. It is a whole experience, an opportunity to share something with loved ones, and a chance to celebrate a huge accomplishment. Please stay and enjoy the rest of the show…let your dancer experience other genres and levels of mastery.
As always, you can talk to your teacher or the front desk if you have any questions.
We look forward to spending the day with you.
Preparation for the Recital
We ask that dancers attend all their classes leading up to the show so that they are consistently learning with their fellow dancers. This is important for their confidence on stage as well as knowing how to be spaced with their fellow dancers.
- Make sure you have appropriate colored shoes and tights for your dancer that are in good condition for show day. Ask your teacher or the front desk if you need further information on these details.
- COMBO DANCERS (2/3/4/5): Pink tights for all, pink ballet shoes or black tap shoes.
- BALLET: Ballet shoes should be pink for girls and black for boys, pink convertible/adaptable tights
- JAZZ: Jazz shoes should be tan, tan convertible/adaptable tights
- TAP: Tap shoes should be black, tan convertible/adaptable tights
- LYRICAL: leather pirouettes, tan footless tights
- CONTEMPORARY: leather pirouettes, tan footless tights
- Dress rehearsal and Show Day: your dancers should come to the dance studio and also the theater in costume with full make up and hair done. Again, see above for the hair bun tutorial
- Makeup: please use mauve and neutral colors. Lipstick, blush, eyeshadow, and if your dancer can tolerate it then eyeliner and mascara.
- Hair: Bun with hair accessory (if provided) on the right side. Hair should be slick and a hair net should be used to tame flyaway hair. Gel and hairspray are usually needed. Short hair needs to be secured off of the face. Boys: hair should be secured with gel or hairspray to keep it off of the face.
- Please practice at home. The Toddler and Combo choreography is online at dance1redondo.com/choreography. For all other leveled classes, the teachers will invite adults or the students with devices to video the choreography at the end of class. Our philosophy is to provide a well-rounded dance education and not just drill for a show, so time dedicated to choreography is limited to the last 5-10 minutes of class, but are important skills for performing and non-performing students in technique, memorization, timing with music and working with fellow students. Please have your dancer practice at home for confident dancers on show day.
- Costumes: On or around May 15th, hang your costumes up so that the wrinkles can release. If you feel it needs additional help with wrinkles, you may carefully use a steamer or you can hang the garment in the bathroom during hot showers so the steam can help without damaging the costume material. You should NOT use an iron.
- If you would like to volunteer, please let us know. We need parent volunteers to assist our dancers for lineup and costume changes.
Dress Rehearsal Schedule
All dance rehearsals will take place at Dance 1.
|FRIDAY, MAY 19|
Non-Combo Pre-School Classes
|3:30 – 4:00|
Mighty Mini – Life and Laughter & Cool Cat in Town
Mini Company – Work Up
D1 Crew – September & Mashup
4:00 – 4:30
Full Company – Clarity
4:30 – 4:45
Apprentice – Morning Glory
4:45 – 5:00
Company – FASTA
5:00 – 5:30
Sr Company and Pre Prof
|5:30 – 6:00|
Adult Contemporary Ms Kiahna – Algo Contigo
Monday Lyrical 1 Ms Jordan – A Thousand Years
Adult Ballet Ms Corinna – Kiss From a Rose
Saturday Jazz 1 10+ Ms Kiahna – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
Monday Jazz 2 Ms Jordan – Million Dollar Baby
6:00 – 6:30
Monday Pre Ballet Ms Kiahna Ramze – The Pharaoh’s Daughter
Saturday Ballet II Ms Francesca -Reflections
Adult Ballet Ms Francesca – You’re Beautiful
Tuesday Trio Ms Erin – Something Only We Know
Monday Lyrical 3 Ms Jordan – I Know a Place
|SATURDAY, MAY 20|
Non-Combo Pre-School Classes
|1:00 – 1:45|
Tap 1 Ms Erin – Shape of Me
Tap 2 Ms Corey – It’s Raining
Tap 3 Ms Corinna – Nicest Kids in Town
Pre Tap Ms Erin – Let’s Get Loud
Adult Tap Ms Francesca – Mambo #5
2:00 – 2:30
ALL Combo 2/3 – Weekday Combo 4 – Weekday Combo 5 – Details below
2:45 – 3:15
ALL Combo 3 – Saturday Combo 4 – Saturday Combo 5 – Details below
3:30 – 4:00
Wednesday Pre Jazz Ms Jordan – I Wish
Friday Pre Ballet Ms Sofia – Coronation Day
Wednesday Ballet II Ms Kiahna – Pas de Trois Variation – Swan lake
Thursday Jazz 1 Ms Corinna – Celebration
Tuesday Jazz 1 Ms Annie – Sweet Melody
|4:00 – 4:30|
Monday Contemporary 1 – Ms Jordan – Declined
Tuesday Contemporary 1 Ms Annie – Somewhere Only We Know
Saturday Pre Ballet Ms Kiahna – William Tell – Bournonville
Wednesday Ballet I Ms Kiahna – Flower Festival
Saturday Ballet III Ms Francesca
4:30 – 5:00
Friday Pre Jazz Ms Audrey
Wednesday Jazz 3 Ms Donna – Lucky
Wednesday Jazz 1 Ms Donna – Sun is Shining
Saturday Jazz 2 Ms Donna – On the Floor
Thursday Contemporary 1 Ms Kiahna – Repeat
5:00 – 5:30
Saturday Ballet I Ms Sofia- Flowers
Wednesday Contemporary 2 Ms Donna – I’m Tired
Thursday Ballet I Ms Kiahna – Birthday Variation
Thursday Ballet IV Ms Francesca – Dragonfly
Saturday Ballet 1 10+ Ms Kiahna – Paquita Allegro
5:30 – 6:00
Wednesday Lyrical 1 Ms Corinna – Bridge of Light
Tuesday Lyrical 2 Ms Donna – All Your Life
Tuesday Ballet II Ms Francesca La Esmeralda
Wednesday Pre Ballet Ms Kiahna – Silver Fairy
Saturday – Pre Jazz Ms. Corinna – Stayin’ Alive
|SATURDAY, MAY 20|
*COMBO 2/3, 4 & 5 DRESS REHEARSALS ONLY*
Enter at the front door. Drop off dancer and pick up from the back loading dock.
|Who: All Combo 2/3 – Weekday Combo 4 – Weekday Combo 5|
Time: 2:00pm – 2:30pm
Who: All Combo 2/3 – Saturday Combo 4 – Saturday Combo 5
Time: 2:45pm – 3:15pm