May 19, 2019
12:00pm and 3:00pm
We are more than excited for the 2019 Spring Recital at Wilson Park. If this is your first time participating, please read through all of the information so that show day goes smoothly for you and your dancer.
For help getting your dancer’s hair ready, check out our bun tutorial here.
Show Day: Sunday, May 19th at Wilson Park
2200 Crenshaw Boulevard Torrance, CA 90501
- Call time (the time your dancer should arrive) is one hour before show time. There are two shows so make sure you know which your dancer will be performing in. Please allow extra time to arrive at the park! Costume, hair and makeup often take longer than expected.
- This is an outdoor venue…please put sunscreen on your dancer and bring a jacket in case it gets chilly. For yourselves, blankets and a nice picnic are encouraged.
- Important: Dance shoes are only allowed on stage. Please do not allow your dancer to wear his or her dance shoes to, from or around the park. Shoes should be covered when not dancing. You can use large socks, boots, slippers…whatever works best, or simply take dance shoes off until the number is called. There will be blankets on the side of the stage where dancers can take off shoe covers to prepare for their number.
- There will be a dance number line up given at the park. Dancers will find their group in the tents at the side of the stage at least 3 numbers prior. Please make sure you are present as we cannot hold the show for a missing dancer. Be sure to visit the restrooms well in advance.
- Finally, we invite you to slow down and enjoy the day with your family. A dancer’s participation in the show is much more than the time spent on stage. It is a whole experience, an opportunity to share something with loved ones, and a chance to celebrate a huge accomplishment. Please stay and enjoy the rest of the show…let your dancer experience other genres and levels of mastery.
Be sure to check the bulletin boards at the studio for current information. As always, you can talk to your teacher or the front desk if you have any questions.
We look forward to spending the day with you.
Some important details:
There will be two shows, 12noon and 3pm.
There are no tickets required for the spring recital. Please invite family and friends!
• We ask that dancers attend all their classes leading up to the show so that they are consistently learning with their fellow dancers.
• Please practice at home. Toddler, Combo and Daddy Dance choreography will be online at dance1redondo.com/choreography. For levelled classes, we invite adults in at the end of class to video. Please be present with a recording device. Our philosophy is to provide a well-rounded dance education and not just drill for a show, so time dedicated to choreography is limited to the last 10 minutes or so of class. Please have your dancer practice at home for confident dancers on show day.
• Costumes may be snug…that is to be expected. If you need any assistance please talk to your teacher or the front desk for help.
• If you would like to volunteer, please let us know. We especially need strong hands for set up and break down (an excellent way for dad to get involved!).
Cast Party: Friday, May 17, 6:30-8:30pm
• Our cast party is offered before the show so that other dancers can meet each other and bond before show day. It gives your dancer a sense of being a part of the larger studio community. There will be ice-breakers, dress up, free dancing, choreography and mini-performances.
• The cast party is for those registered for the recital ages 5 and up. Please RSVP at the studio (sign-up sheets are posted about a week prior) and bring a healthy snack to share.
Combo Dress Rehearsal: Friday, May 17
- 4pm or 4:45pm are the two rehearsal times and will be given closer to rehearsal date
Dress Rehearsal or the remainder of Dance 1 Studio: Saturday, May 18, Time TBA for each group
- Dress rehearsal time will be posted in the lobby on the days leading up to Recital.
- Toddlers do not attend. All others, please arrive in hair, makeup and costume. Ballet bun tutorials are on our website under “dress code.” Dancers should not be wearing earrings or nail polish. Please be punctual so that the rehearsal runs to schedule.
- Parents are not allowed past the waiting room as we are short on space…dancers will be well looked after by staff who will be on hand to assist, if necessary, with costume changes.
- We invite parents to drop their dancer off and go across the street to Snax for refreshments. There we will have live updates and let you know when your dancer is ready for pick up, usually around 45 minutes later.