Why Choose Dance 1?
At Dance 1, our focus is giving your dancer a powerful, classical ballet and classic jazz education, the strongest foundation on which your dancer can build their technique. We supplement the classical technique with a well-rounded syllabus of multiple genres to assure that your dancer is getting an elite training to direct them on the road to success.
We have a beautiful, open air-conditioned studio with lots of room to move on a floating wood floor. Dancing on our high-performance floor results in fewer injuries and a longer ability to dance.
Our state-of-the-art location offers:
- Five studios with floating Russian birch floors
- Student lounge
- Homework room
- Parent waiting area with closed circuit viewing of class rooms
- Dancewear boutique
The Dance 1 Difference
- All our dancers are trained as though they were pursuing a professional career. Even if this isn’t the path they ultimately take, they will have learned a beautiful art form – one they will carry with them throughout their lives.
- Our highly trained teachers will guide you and your dancer on their dance path. They are vested in our dancers’ accomplishments and will be available to help customize their training.
- Our classrooms are open for parents interested in learning along with their dancer. This is a silent presence in the classrooms, and we maintain a distraction-free classroom experience.
- Our studio is state of the art; all five studios have beautiful Russian birch floating floors for safety and performance.
- We offer all our dancers two showcases a year, in May and December.
- For those interested in more, dancers may audition for The Company where they will have the opportunity to perform over 20 times per year, in the community.
- We offer an award winning competition team, composed of The Company members from performing company.
- Serious and dedicated ballet dancers may audition to perform in two original ballet productions per year.
- We have convenient class times for homeschooled students, and are providers for Gorman, Sky Mountain, Golden Valley, iLead, Inspire Center, and Excel Academy charter schools.
- Our policies are friendly to your schedule and budget, offering multi-class discounts, an unlimited class package, and a generous make-up policy.
- We respect our dancers, and that is shown by our music, choreography, and costume choices. Most importantly, it is shown in the way we treat each other and our fellow dancers.
- We have a thriving adult population, including new dancers, returning dancers and life-long dancers.
- We offer classes year-round so dancers can continually improve.
- You can expect the best from us and we expect the best from our dancers.
- Francesca Stern, owner and Artistic Director, is always available to answer any questions you may have.